In 2011, District 17 established a Goodwill Committee and charter to recognize D17 members in good standing who have exhibited dedication to the causes of good conduct, worthy participation and ethical behavior.
The ACBL Goodwill Committee was organized in 1955. In 2010, the Committee was renamed the Aileen Osofsky ACBL Goodwill Committee in appreciation for her 25 years of service as chair.
The Committee slogan, “It is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.”
2020 D17 Ambassadors
- Ashley Erwin, El Paso Unit 159
- Eillen Utter, Mesa Unit 351
- Anne Marie Harrington, Phoenix Unit 354
- Joe Green, Northern AZ Unit 355
- Joyce Honorof, Tucson Unit 356
- Ellie Larson, Denver Unit 361
- Toby McEvoy, Las Vegas Unit 373
- Gene Covington, Santa Fe Unit 383
- Charles Wilkins, Santa Fe Unit 383
D17 National Goodwill Ambassadors
Each member of the ACBL Board of Directors is entitled to appoint two lifetime members from his or her district annually. Goodwill Day is celebrated on the Monday of each NABC.
2020 D17 National Ambassadors
Elly Larson, Unit 361, Denver, CO
Gene Covington, Unit 383, Santa Fe, NM
Ashley Erwin, Unit 159, El Paso, TX