Who We Are
District 17 (D17) is one of 25 geographically defined Districts of the American Contract Bridge League (ACBL), a membership organization whose mission is to promote, grow and sustain the game of bridge. D17 is home to over 8,500 of the approximate 150,000 members of the ACBL. D17 is designated as a not-for-profit social organization under Section 501 C (4) of the Internal Revenue Code.
From the Northern Rocky Mountains to the Chihuahuan desert, D17 is comprised of 21
units within the following geographical areas: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona,
Southern Nevada, Eastern Utah, West Texas and Wyoming.
Each unit supervises and promotes bridge within its boundaries.
Click on the unit or units below to learn more:
- Promote the highest standards of conduct and ethics for participants in tournaments and to take any and all steps necessary for that purpose.
- Provide organized bridge activities and services to satisfy the social, recreational, educational and competitive needs of the membership and the community.
- Schedule and conduct Grand National Teams (GNT), North American Pairs (NAP) and other such events as may be created and promoted by the ACBL.
- Participate in ACBL charity programs, and sponsor and conduct charity events with the objective of providing funds for humanitarian causes nationally and within our bridge communities.
- Foster goodwill throughout the District.
- Publish a newsletter and maintain a website to disseminate information to members of the District.
D17 Board Members
Conduct and Ethics
The President, with the approval of the Board of Directors, shall have the power to create and appoint the members of standing and special committees as he may deem necessary or appropriate, designate the chairs thereof and assign functions thereto. The members of committees need not be members of the Board of Directors, but must be members of District 17.
Tournament Coordinator: JoAnne Lowe
Regional Tournaments: Liz Hamilton
Tournament Supplies: Bill Phillips
Communications: Cindy Shoemaker
Website: Cindy Shoemaker
Contract Review: Steve Reynolds
Policies & Procedures: Steve Reynolds, Jennifer O’Neill and Bill Phillips
Education: Sharon Smith
Membership & Outreach: John Grossmann
Western Conference: John Grossmann
NAP (North American Pairs): Lakin Hines
GNT (Grand National Teams): Bonnie Bagley firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Programs: Steve Nordberg
Charity & Goodwill: Liz Hamilton